Reach for Change is an international nonprofit organization with the mission to unleash the power of innovation and entrepreneurship to create a better world for children and youth. Since their founding in 2010, they have supported more than 1,000 social entrepreneurs in 18 countries across 3 continents (Africa, Central Asia, and Europe) and impacted the lives of more than 4 million children and youth.
Their vision is to create a world where all children reach their full potential. They work to achieve this by empowering local social entrepreneurs to develop and scale innovative solutions to problems facing children and youth.
Reach for Change program covers a wide range of activities from grant funding, capacity-building, network connections, and a stamp of approval due to thorough and highly competitive search and selections. Their end goal with our support programs is that our social entrepreneur’s impact is sustainably scaled to impact a significant share of the children in their target group, thereby contributing to the SDGs for children & youth. Through local teams and locally executed programmes they are able to secure critical local knowledge for them, whilst global governance and functional teams working across the organisation ensure they capture learnings, drive continuous iteration of our program and develop our pipeline of Social Entrepreneurs
Reach for Change achieves its vision through 3 main types of activity: direct support programs to local social entrepreneurs, ecosystem development work, and collective impact offerings.
- Direct support programs for local social entrepreneurs throughout the different development stages to develop and scale innovative solutions, including:
- i) Innovation Labs – Concept to early Proof of Concept stage
- ii) Incubators – early Proof of Concept to Early Growth stage
- iii) Rapid Scale Accelerators – Early Growth to Growth stage
- Collective impact offerings, which are co-designed programs with other implementing organizations, where their combined strengths can lead to greater and / or accelerated impact.
- Broader Ecosystem Development work that helps establish supportive ecosystems for social entrepreneurs in the markets where they operate to increase their chances of success. Activities include support to establish social enterprise associations, advocacy & thought partnership for improved policy, convening and supporting others to convene, capacity building of other actors in the sector, and awareness-raising & education around social entrepreneurship.