European Exchange Programme for Social Entrepreneurs
Euclid Network is a long-term lead partner in the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme (EYE), a well-established project financed by the European Commission that has successfully organised over 10.000 exchanges. Together with our consortium partners, we develop social enterprise in Europe by bringing together aspiring and experienced social entrepreneurs to learn from each other, exchange best practices, business ideas and expand their networks.
The exchanges aim to:
- Equip the new entrepreneur with the necessary skills and tools to successfully run a small business in the European single market
- Improve the host entrepreneur’s business by taking advantage of the new entrepreneur’s fresh perspectives, insights and complementary skills
SEEDplus: Social Entrepreneur Exchange and Development
The SEEDplus (Social Entrepreneur Exchange and Development) partnership, led by Euclid Network, is the longest running partnership of the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme. The partnership is dedicated to developing social entrepreneurship across Europe and is committed to make the advantages of the EYE programme available to entrepreneurs in the social, creative and tech fields.
With partners in Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Spain and Portugal, the SEEDplus partnership is strengthening the European social impact ecosystem by fostering cross-sectoral collaboration between new and experienced entrepreneurs.
Who can participate?
- New entrepreneurs, planning to set up their own business or have already started one within the last three years
- Experienced entrepreneurs who own or manage a Small or Medium-Sized Enterprise in one of the Participating Countries
A unique win-win opportunity
The Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs exchange is a cross-border exchange which allows the new entrepreneur (NE) to travel to another European country to collaborate with a more experienced entrepreneur.
Euclid Network can offer an exchange of 1-4 months during which you will receive funding to help cover your travel, accomodation and other costs.
This collaboration is a unique opportunity that gives the new (social) entrepreneur insight into the world of a successful entrepreneur which will help strengthen their business plan and ultimately their (social) impact. Moreover, the host entrepreneur will get the unique chance to leverage a fresh perspective and to gain access to international markets.
“Monica joined us as a young aspiring social entrepreneur who needed to understand the world of business first. Over time, I noticed how her business confidence and entrepreneurial skills were improving week after week, which is the main reason why I am happy to mentor and work with young people like her.”
Stephen Page, a host entrepreneur from the STARTUP FUNDING CLUB in London, who hosted Monica Juen Huguet from Spain for 5 months
“Lenka, our NE, came from a photography background and wanted to learn video skills so she could help train people as part of her business. She was a good fit for us because what we do is exactly what she wanted her business to be in the future.”
Awad Bhenick, host entrepreneur from Blue Sky Media in the UK, on Lenka Kominkova, a new entrepreneur from the Czech Republic.
Do you have a new social business idea which needs to be put to the test? Are you an experienced entrepreneur keen to learn from others by supporting international exchanges?
Contact us to find out more about the programme
Or visit the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs project website
Follow SEEDplus on Facebook
More About Erasmus For Young Entrepreneurs
- 7 Tips on How to Survive the Global Pandemic as a Social EntrepreneurAre you struggling during the COVID-19 crisis? Here are 7 tips and tricks on how to survive a global pandemic as an entrepreneur.Read more
- Aspire to Inspire As An Entrepreneur Webinar TakeawaysNow is the time to place social and solidarity economy at the heart of economic recovery policies. Initiatives like the EYE programme are essential to making that a reality.Read more