Erasmus for Social Entrepreneurs
As lead partner of this EU-funded programme, we develop social enterprise in Europe by bringing together aspiring and experienced social entrepreneurs to learn from each other.
- 10 consortium partners from 9 countries
- 8 years’ track record
- More than 200 international exchanges for social entrepreneurs and NGO leaders
About the programme
Through our flagship programme Social Entrepreneur Exchange and Development (SEEDplus) (part of the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme), we lead the longest-running consortium dedicated to developing social entrepreneurship across Europe.
The programme supports aspiring social entrepreneurs to connect and learn from their experienced counterparts in another participating country.
With partners in Estonia, Germany, Bulgaria, Spain, France, Greece and Portugal, we are building the new generation of social entrepreneurs through European peer learning.
Who can participate?
- New entrepreneurs, firmly planning to set up their own business or have already started one within the last three years
- Experienced entrepreneurs who own or manage a Small or Medium-Sized Enterprise in one of the Participating Countries
Get first-hand practical experience & advice
We will give you the opportunity to spend 1-6 months in another European country to collaborate and job-shadow another social entrepreneur.
For “new entrepreneurs” (NEs), this is a great opportunity to learn from the best and fine-tune their business case. For “host entrepreneurs” (HEs), this is a unique chance to get a fresh perspective, gain access to international markets and help social enterprise grow in Europe.
Your exchange will be funded thanks to a grant from the European Commission.
Is the EYE programme postponed during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Despite all the uncertainty brought by COVID-19 crisis, the EYE programme continues its work and is looking for new participants.
In the current situation, EYE also has to adapt, encouraging young entrepreneurs to:
● Apply and get matched with an entrepreneur, so you will have an opportunity to take part in the experience as soon as exchanges will restart.
● Join EYE webinars and Info Sessions to get an insight into the application process, the benefits of taking part in this type of entrepreneur exchanges, as well as tangible advice from EYE alumni and ways to explore creative ideas for your business!
● Start the programme remotely before your actual exchange trip! This temporal adaptation will allow to embrace the benefits of the exchange, without postponing due to travel regulations. The only difference of new format is that participants can start the exchange before the aspiring entrepreneur arrives in the country of the host. The programme does not fully switch to distant learning: the remote part can take between 1 to 3 months, and the subsequent in-person exchange can lead up to 6 months.
Opportunities are not cancelled!
Contact us to find more about the programme and apply
Do you have a new social business idea which needs to be put to the test? Are you an experienced entrepreneur keen to learn from others by supporting international exchanges?
Contact us to find out more about the programme
Or visit the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs project website
Follow SEEDplus on Facebook
“Monica joined us as a young aspiring social entrepreneur who needed to understand the world of business first. Over time, I noticed how her business confidence and entrepreneurial skills were improving week after week, which is the main reason why I am happy to mentor and work with young people like her.”
Stephen Page, a host entrepreneur from the STARTUP FUNDING CLUB in London, who hosted Monica Juen Huguet from Spain for 5 months
“Lenka, our NE, came from a photography background and wanted to learn video skills so she could help train people as part of her business. She was a good fit for us because what we do is exactly what she wanted her business to be in the future.”
Awad Bhenick, host entrepreneur from Blue Sky Media in the UK, on Lenka Kominkova, a new entrepreneur from the Czech Republic.
More About Erasmus For Social Entrepreneurs
- Aspire to Inspire As An Entrepreneur Webinar TakeawaysNow is the time to place social and solidarity economy at the heart of economic recovery policies. Initiatives like the EYE programme are essential to making that a reality.Read more