Only 2 weeks to go before Gathering to Grow: Euclid Network’s hands-on, social enterprise meetup on 6&7 December at Lift in London.
The countdown to our farewell event in London, Gathering to Grow has started. We do hope to see you as we gather to: grow as entrepreneurs and as leaders; grow our networks; grow our social businesses and their impact. Here are five reasons why you should join the event:
1. “It is very valuable to invest time in community-building and network-building”, says Peter Vandor, Senior Researcher and Manager at Vienna University. The Social Enterpreneurship Center at Vienna University led a research for Impact Hub on the support social enterprises need to succeed. Surprisingly, social enterprises’ need for knowledge and network is equally as strong as for funding (read more about the research here).
2. The event is organised for, by and with social entrepreneurs to make it hands-on, interactive and built around your needs. Concretely, it means that the thematic workshops will feature participants of the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs (EYE) programme and the skills workshops are designed to respond to specific skills gap such as sales or financial sustainability. And of course, the pitch lab on Friday morning will be the moment for new entrepreneurs to shine and present their innovative business models.
3. Euclid Network will present its EU funding guide that will tell you all you need to know on how to choose and apply for EU funding. Do you know that as a social enterprise you are eligible to apply for grants with over five different European funds? Or do you know that social enterprises have easier access to loans through the European EaSI guarantees? Come to Gathering to Grow and Euclid Network will tell you all about it.
4. Perhaps needless to say, but London looks amazing in December. With Christmas a few weeks away, London is full of festive fun and dazzling lights. On Thursday night, the Dutch Embassy in the UK invites all participants of Gathering to Grow for a drink at the (Dutch) Hems bar, right in the heart of buzzing Soho.
5. While Brexit negotiations are on-going, Euclid Network is steadily transitioning to the Netherlands. This year’s Gathering to Grow will be Euclid Network’s farewell to London as we prepare to relocate to the Hague in the Netherlands from early 2019 (find out more about this great city here). This event might be one of the last opportunities for social entrepreneurs from the EYE programme to establish and strengthen long-lasting relationships with organisations from the UK (and of course vice versa). Don’t miss out!
Interested in getting involved as a supporting partner or sponsor?