13 women, two countries, countless conversations: participants in the UK-Poland Peer Ex project, who met face-to-face in Warsaw last week, had plenty to share. The UK-Poland edition — focused on women’s rights and equality — was the latest of Euclid Network’s peer exchange projects that aim to [...]
Our UK-Poland Peer Exchange focused on women’s rights. Participants met online and then spent two days working together in Warsaw.
The project aimed to support civil society organisations working for women’s rights and equality, giving them the opportunity to gain new ideas and links across borders.
This will strengthen their contribution to building a more equal society in both countries:
- To increase the capacity of women’s CSOs in Poland and the UK to deliver change and strive for a more equal society
- To foster people-to-people ties between Polish and British women’s CSOs to stimulate further peer learning and future cooperation
- To showcase progress towards equality in Poland and the UK and celebrate the contribution of women’s CSOs
PeerEx UK/Poland was supported by the British Embassy in Poland and organised together with local partner Kongres Kobiet (Congress of Women).
Please contact Marta Bruschi for more information about our Peer Exchanges.
“Creating networks and links is crucial, and it helps with everything, from funding to creating opportunities for young women”
“We really work at the grassroots level in Poland, but for us it’s very important to sustain international connections, and to be part of this international family of progressive grant makers. That’s why we are here.”
Feminist Fund, Poland
More About PeerX
- Should you “internationalise” your social enterprise?Social entrepreneurs are great at tackling locally-rooted problems – but they may be overlooking opportunities to grow and develop if they’re not considering overseas markets. Research suggests [...]Read more
- Making gender equality hard to ignore: PeerEx UK-Poland13 women, two countries, countless conversations: participants in the UK-Poland Peer Ex project, who met face-to-face in Warsaw last week, had plenty to share. The UK-Poland edition — focused on [...]Read more