Promoting social entrepreneurship in the Mediterranean region
We’re working with partners from across Europe and the southern Mediterranean to help develop the social entrepreneurship sector, in order to drive inclusive growth and job creation.
MedUP! (2018-2022) aims to increase economic inclusiveness and employment in Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine, through:
- promoting policy and advocacy initiatives and public-private dialogue, to create an enabling regulatory and policy environment
- reinforcing 60 social entrepreneurship support organisations through capacity-building and networking
- providing financial and technical support to 100 social enterprises
MedUP! will stimulate social entrepreneurship development as an innovative model to address persistent poverty and inequality by harnessing the potential of the youth bulge.
In year one, Euclid Network managed to:
- Map each country’s ecosystem in terms of social enterprise policies
- Identify strengths and needs of existing and potential social enterprise support organisations
- Identify successful social entrepreneurs
In year two, Euclid Network is facilitating Peer Exchange between Social Enterprise Support Organizations from the EU and MENA region.
EU peers are travelling to their MENA counterparts (Jan/Feb 2020) and respectively, MENA peers are travelling to EU counterparts (Mar 2020). All peers meet in The Hague for the Euclid Network Impact Summit.
For project updates, see the OXFAM page and the posts below.
Check back later for more project updates.
Southern Mediterranean partners are the Tunisian Center for Social Entrepreneurship (TCSE) in Tunisia, ENACTUS in Morocco; JOHUD in Jordan; PARC in Palestine; and SEKEM in Egypt.
For more information contact
More About MedUP!
- MedUP! Peer Exchange: Sharing Insights on National Social Enterprise EcosystemsEuclid Network hosted a virtual session as part of the MedUP! activities to explore the particularities of the social enterprise ecosystems in Turkey and Croatia.Read more
- Remote work: tips on how to manage it and inspirations on how to value itWorking from home during a pandemic is an extraordinary situation for all of us. During a webinar by Euclid Network as part of their MedUp! activities, attendees discuss how to adjust to such [...]Read more