Increasing access to social finance for social enterprises
Social investment offers a significant opportunity to strengthen social impact organisations. As part of the EU’s Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) programme, we’re working to support the demand side of social finance, as a strategic partner of the European Commission (2018-21).
EaSI and social enterprise
The Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) programme provides EU money to promote sustainable employment, guarantee social protection, combat exclusion and poverty, and improve working conditions.
Euclid Network is among five Europe-wide networks selected to lead on the social enterprise strand of EaSI.
We’re responsible for supporting and strengthening the demand side of the social finance market across Europe — that is, the frontline organisations who could benefit from this investment (social enterprises) and their support structures (such as national federations, networks, accelerators and incubators).
Our workplan for 2018-2019
We see social investment as a significant opportunity to empower civil society organisations and social enterprises to drive positive change.
Social investment has both a financial and a capacity-building dimension. Investment-readiness is about being ready to receive, and repay, investment — but that also implies capacity to manage this as well as to deliver the impact promised to the investor. Our work on social investment will therefore consider this broad picture of capacity-building.
Coming soon for our members:
- A jargon-free guide to EU support for social enterprises
- Interactive capacity-building webinars
- A good practice kit on social enterprise initiatives for migrants
- Online knowledge centre
- And much more… stay tuned!
The EU and your social enterprise
What does the EU have to do with social enterprise? How are EU policies and programmes currently supporting social entrepreneurs — and how can individual entrepreneurs make the most of these opportunities? Watch the video above to hear experts and contributors from across Europe answering these questions.
The EU funding Toolkit
€276 out of the €460 billions of European funding available is not spent! This gigantic amount of money remains untouched, and the main reasons for this lie in the complex application rules and some lack of expertise at national level.
Euclid Network has designed an EU funding toolkit to help you navigate your way through Brussels’s bureaucracy and channel some of these € in your direction and that of your beneficiaries.
For more information about the EU Programme For Employment And Social Innovation (EaSI) contact
More About EaSi
- Deadline 4 April for this year’s European Social Innovation Competition!The European Social Innovation Competition is looking for ideas and projects that seek to reduce plastic waste and littering through changing and improving existing processes or through [...]Read more
- European Commission proposes to invest more in research and innovationIn a series of articles, Euclid Network explains why the EU budgets matters to you! This week, we zoom into the future of Horizon 2020 (H2020), EU's programme for research and innovation. The [...]Read more