1.Purposes of data processing
This is the privacy statement of Euclid Network Association (NL) (hereinafter collectively called ‘EN’).
EN will hold and process personal data in the context of EN membership for the following purposes:
- Managing your organisation’s membership of Euclid Network
- Managing access to our website and member services, both for staff of your organisation and your own members/alumni or partners covered by your organisation’s EN membership
- Managing your organisation’s rights as a member of Euclid Network
- Giving members’ access to each other’s basic contact data
- Sending you information we reasonably believe may be of interest to you based on your organisational profile or the interests you have communicated to us
- Seeking information about you, your organisation and your views on what priorities and services you would like us to provide
The lawful basis for processing your data is the contractual basis: your organisation has become a member of EN in exchange for member services, which require us to process personal data.
b) Project implementation
EN will hold and process data of persons affiliated to partners in EU and other projects in order to achieve the shared objectives of the project. EN will also hold and process data of persons who apply to take part in activities under EU or other projects and may share specific details with project funders on request (for example for reporting purposes). In both cases, we believe that there is a contractual basis for processing such personal data.
c) General purposes
EN will hold and process personal data of persons not affiliated to EN members, to contractual partners for the following purpose:
- providing information which we reasonably believe is relevant to your personal or organisational goals
- managing your participation in an EN event or other activity
- managing your partnership with EN in a joint project or project application
We share lists of our event participants (e.g. name, title, organisation) among all attending, which may include external stakeholders.
In the case of general purposes, the lawful basis for processing your data is in the legitimate interests in line with EN’s non-profit mission “to promote impact-driven leadership for the benefit of the public in Europe and beyond”.
We have undertaken a legitimate interest assessment in line with guidance from the UK’s Office of the Information Commissioner and concluded that such processing is reasonable and proportionate.
2. Personal data
The personal data which EN holds and processes may cover:
- Name, job title and organisation
- Contact information including email address
- Preferences and interests
- Audio-visual recordings taken by EN during events and meetings
- Payment information you have provided in the context of membership or event bookings
- Banking details you have provided where you are entitled to payment for participation in an EN activity
3. Third party providers
EN uses third party providers to deliver member benefits and manage your data on a confidential basis. In order to deliver its services, EN acts in partnership with project partners. Those project partners may have access to your data in the context of enabling your participation in an event or project activity not directly managed by EN or to enable us to meet our contractual requirements with a donor in terms of reporting. EN will not share your data with other third parties without your permission.
4. Where your data is stored
5. Data sources
The data we hold may come from one of the following: your subscription to our newsletter; your membership application; data publicly available online; business cards; your registration for an EN event or activity.
6. Controlling your personal information
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please log into https://euclidnetwork38.wildapricot.org/. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please update it online at that URL. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Attendees to EN events consent to their filming and sound recording as members of the audience. By registering to an EN event you agree to being filmed or photographed which may be used for marketing or promotional purposes.
If you unsubscribe from our email communications, your data will still be held in an archive status in the database. If you wish it to be deleted, you must write to the email address below.
If you have any queries please contact the EN secretariat at